Vita turpis ne morti quidem honestae colum relinquit (A life of shame leaves no room even for an honorable death.)

Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Adoption, manic, boredom, stress, sadness, insanity.

Life:
Hubby and I received the papers from the county to become foster/adoptive parents on Friday. This really threw me into ME NEED BABY mode... Especially from Ethiopia. I kept doing research, as I have since I was 17, and the more I found, the more I got upset and just saddened by the fact that we are struggling financially, we don't own a home... hell, I can't even work right now. Not only that, but I'm having issues with my manic depression and meds. What a great time to introduce a new child to the family? No. Sigh. What I really need right now is to be strong enough and healed enough to go back to work. It's driving me crazy being home 24/7, except to take Boo to school or appointments here and there.

Tonight I have an appointment with a therapist. I'm apprehensive. I despise that I have to do this to get to a psychiatrist for a med switch.

PCOS:
Thus far I have lost roughly 15 LBS. I have an appointment with an Endocrinologist on the 30th of September (my birthday, btw lol). That was actually the first appointment I could get with this specific endo. She was highly recommended by my surgeon, so I'm going with it. GP said if the endo didn't give me metformin, he certainly would! <3 I really like him, he's a hoot.

Adoption:
Again, the more I saw the more upset I got, but now I'm realizing that once we move we can begin the process of adopting out babies from Ethiopia. There are grants and loans out there that will help us out. I'm excited to look for a new place ASAP and get on with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment